another TC....

shelbyone

"Mint" is a pretty specific term but it it used very loosely:rolleyes: Have you looked the car over very carefully? 24k is nice low miles but if nothing has ever been maintained it may still need work. For example, three weeks ago at the lake Mirror Classic show in FLA, there was an 18K mile yellow/ginger/black 89 5 spd car possibly for sale, the original owners were reducing the size of their diverse car collection. I looked the car over very carefully and determined it needed (among other things):

Fuel lines (cracked)

radiator hoses (weeping)

Tires, original Made In West Germany tires still on it!!!

Brake accumulator (possibly extensive brake work, one rear caliper was oozing)

probably various seals that will begin to leak when actual miles start to be put on the car.

So the question is, what is this TC worth *TO YOU*? do you desire the yellow? (I don't, I've had two yellow 5spds and that's my least favorite of the available colors) Does the car make you happy to drive it? Will you enjoy it for years or change your mind and move onto something else in short order? Or are you asking about this car so you can flip it quickly. If you are gonna buy it for resale, I'd say go ahead and pay up to $15,000. for it. You should be able to double your money pretty quickly;)

Alan

Guest ImperialNorth

I was looking at an 89 that had 27,000 miles on it, the interior looked great. But in the photos the engine compartment looked quite rust the A/C belt was missing. Made me think what else is neglected in this car. So I guess mileage isn't everything.

thanks for your comments guys...I will have the chance to really look at it during the following week!..according to the present owner, evrything has been done! and maintenance was always performed...I will look under the hood and inside of all the things that might be an issue..

so far..I am still happy with my 89 red tc...

btw..what kind of gas is everyone using???