1940 Buick 81 C

Guest drmeam

Just put some new pic's up of my 1940 81 C. Drove it today for the first time in about 44 years. We went about 10 miles. Now we know what else needs to be done. However, with Doug Seabolts help I'm sure we will get her on the road for good by spring.

Please see pic's

Edited by drmeam (see edit history)

Dr Mean, no pictures. I sold a guy on the Eastern Shore of MD a brand new motor for one of these about 30-35 years ago. Don't know whatever happened to that car. There was also a light green one in the Rockville, MD area around that time, and I don't know what happened to that one either.

I just got my '41 Buick 71-C last week, and I hope I am not going to need Dr. Doug to work on that one. One day maybe it can be his when I get old enough; and I'm well on the way to old enough, having just celebrated my 71t birthday.

post-30955-143138125518_thumb.jpg

post-30955-143138125522_thumb.jpg

Contratulations Doc, I did see the pics thanks to our friend 1939_Buick. 1965 is a long time ago, but I was around then fooling with these Buicks. I wonder if we ever met or corresponded in the past. I talked to a guy in Illiniois around that time who had one of these. He told me about a cache of parts in Hinton, WVA, which I promptly drove down and acquired.

Great to see this old Buick revived. Earl Beauchamp BCA #55

The sticker on the door read 6-10-65 and the miles were 50,700. It now reads 53,400 And the oil looked it. We had to soak the oil screen for 2 days to get it clean. Glad we pulled the pan.

There was one of these for sale in Georgia last year that the man had owned since around 1957. He advertised the fender skirts which he took off in 1957 and I bought them for my '39 Special convertible coupe. I think he told me it was black. Anyway, in the pictures your car has skirts, so I am assuming it can't be the same car as that one was.

Earl Beauchamp Jr. BCA #55, Sebring, FL

• 3 months later...

Hello All: Have a 320 engine out of a 1940 Roadmaster for sale. It is free and was removed about twenty years ago and a low mileage engine from a Buick funeral car installed. The cost depends on whether the manifold, distributor, starter, et certera, is needed. Basic engine would be $500 and am sure it should be rebuilt. Offers are considered depending on what is needed. Engine is about thirty miles from Ames, Iowa, where the 2010 National is to be held. Buyer must arrange transportation although I have equipment to load for the buyer. Thanks, Patrick W. Brooks, email: Brooker50158@hotmail.com; Cell: 641-485-6413:)

• 3 years later...