NEW BCA Chapter - South Florida

38Buick 80C

I am pleased to announce that the BCA Board of Directors has approved the new South Florida Chapter of the BCA. The South Florida chapter will cover Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties in South Florida. This major metropolitan area has not been covered by a chapter and hopefully with this new chapter we will see a major growth in BCA membership in this area.

It may be surprising to known that we have more BCA members in the Sarasota FL area than in the Miami, Ft Lauderdale area which has by far more population. This is most likely due to the fact that the Gulf Coast Chapter (Sarasota) does a tremendous job with great events that attract and retain membership both at the chapter and national level. We hope the South Florida Chapter accomplishes this as well.

For more information on this chapter contact me, Brian DePouli . I am acting chapter director until a permanent chapter director is selected by the membership at the upcoming first meeting.

The following was sent to all BCA members who expressed interest in becoming a member of this new chapter:

The first meeting of the new South Florida chapter of the Buick Club of America will be

November 1<sup>st</sup> 2009 at 11AM at Dauer Museum of Classic Cars in Sunrise, FL<o></o>

The goals of the meeting are listed below.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->1.<!--[endif]-->Determine chapter name if desired to be something other than “South Florida Chapter”

<!--[if !supportLists]-->2.<!--[endif]-->Elect officers - we have four members who have expressed interest in being an officer, but any interested party can speak up at the meeting.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->3.<!--[endif]-->Approve or modify and approve provided chapter bylaws

<!--[if !supportLists]-->4.<!--[endif]-->Determine when and where regular meetings will be held.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->5.<!--[endif]-->Determine a newsletter editor, newsletter name and format for newsletter (emailed, mailed, posted on website).

<!--[if !supportLists]-->6.<!--[endif]-->Determine chapter dues

<!--[if !supportLists]-->7.<!--[endif]-->Plan an initial activity

I am really excited about the possibilities for this chapter and hope that you will all participate as much as your schedule allows. Thank you all again for being founding members and I look forward to seeing you all real soon.

<o></o>

The address for the Dauer Museum is 10801 NW 50 Street, Sunrise. It is off the Commercial Blvd exit of the Sawgrass Xway (869). The web site is www.dauerclassiccars.com.

All new chapters in south Florida are required to hold a BCA National in February, you did know that right?

Since I'm from Iowa, I'll be there! :)

• 2 weeks later...