25 DB Leaf Springs; Sedan vs. Roadster?

Guest oldodgeboys

Guest oldodgeboys

I have an opportunity to get a full set of leaf springs for my DB. The springs are originally for a 25 sedan, but I want to use them on my 25 roadster.

I'm talking to the owner (wife) of the springs by email, so I can't physically check the springs or measure them.

It appears that the sedan rear springs are 9 leaf, and the roadster uses 6 leaf. I think the front springs are the same.

Here's my question:

Could I remove some of the leafs from the sedan springs to end up with the correct springs for my roadster? In other words, are the same leafs used in the roadster springs as are used in the sedan springs?

There are still data avail on original spring lengths measured eye to eye for as far back as 29 but I am sure even earlier than that. I have that specific data for my own car and was surprised at how easy it was to find just by doing an search, cannot remember the name of the place but there is a major spring manuf. possibly in PA? that has all the info, maybe someone here can help to remind me of who they are...Ok just remembered Eaton spring, cannot remember the guys name but the gentleman I spoke with was very knowledgable and I am sure anyone there can help you. Hope this helps.

I have taken sedan springs and removed extras for roadsters and coupes and yes they are different leaves, not just more leaves. Also have found various placements and number of spring clamps for DB's. Just depends on how "correct" you want to be I guess. To me a sedan spring thinned out to work in a roadster is way better than rusted or broke roadster springs.

Guest oldodgeboys

Thanks Dave, great input. I decided to get the springs and chance it...they are new and authentic, so I can't pass it up.