Photo request '16/'17 cowl wood

Guest Roger_Roy

Guest Roger_Roy

Hi all,

Im after photos of the wood in the cowl area, does anyone have photos of their naked cowl? if not can anyone help with photos from under the dash area showing the join between the wood that holds the door hinges and the main floor rail, the same piece and the join between it and the wood that goes across the top of the cowl and mine seems to have a bit that goes forward from the centre?? pm for details if that doesnt make sense.

thanks

Roger

Guest Roger_Roy

Larry,

Im thinking there wont be a huge responce to my request so Ill take any photos of 16/17 and maybe '18 cars off this forum

Roger

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Roger_Roy

Larry,

Thanks, any photos provide lots of information, to be exact the join I'm interested in is this one

buickparts003small.jpg

it just looks like there is something missing from the wood that goes over the top of the dashboard where it meets the metal side bracket (I have 2 different ones of those as well!)

buickparts004small.jpg

The above shows where a missing piece of wood that goes forward to???? and looks like ???

Roger

Roger

In a 1918 tourer I had, the wood between the cowl and door pillar was not connected.

The cowl wood tappered off towards the end all held together by the bolts through the cowl

metal brackets. The door pillars were attached to these same metal brackets. Also being

attached to the metal dash board.

Rod

Guest Roger_Roy

Mark, yours might be a little old but if it looks the same set up yes pls,

Larry, that would be great, thanks,

Rod thanks for that, thats how it looks at the moment on my remains just checking to see whats what before I put saw to wood so any photos/information of bits in this area is great :)

Roger