Help!! Can't unlock my '52 Meadowbrook

Guest T.M. 52'Dodge Meadowbrook

So I've had my 52' Dodge for about an week and just tonight I found out how to lock it...but not how to unlock it. At least from the outside anyways. I figured that for the back seats I can push down the pop-up locks and for the front i just turn the interior handle backwards than what I do to open it but when I tried to unlock it from the outside my keys wouldn't turn. One key starts the car and it came with another that I haven't found to do anything yet. And the trunk is still an mystery to me so if anybody has any tips or tricks that I'm not aware of I'd really appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

As originally supplied, the hexagon shaped key is for the ignition AND the door lock. The triangular key is for the trunk only. Lock the door from the outside by turning the key 1/4 turn towards the rear of the car. Unlock it by turning it 1/4 turn towards the front. If your car has a glovebox lock, there will be a third key with a round shape.

I can send you a .pdf copy of the locks and keys page from your owners manual if you like. I's too big a file to attach here.

Wayne MacDonald

Thank you Mr. MacDonald. I'll try it out tonight. I just got done removing the radiator and heater core. I'll be taking them to the shop tomorrow. I'm also going to replace all of the hoses and rings. The water pump will be my next project and then I want to rebuild the carb. Thank you for all of your input sir. And if you could please send me that locks and key page I would sure appreciate it thank you.

Edited by T.M. 52'Dodge Meadowbrook (see edit history)