COMMON SCAM: If you receive a private message from a new member offering a part, make sure to thoroughly verify it. It’s your responsibility to ensure it’s not a scam. Report any suspicious users immediately. ×

9 Old Unknown Parts - Step Right Up Win a Prize

Wowabunga

These parts need a new home....

1) I swear someone once said this was a Mercury... need year and confirmation

2) What's with the side cylinder doo-floppy... truck app ?

3) 5 years now and still no ID on this.... help...!

4) Heavy stainless.

ukp_lot1.jpg

ID These parts win a free scoop of home made icecream at Hershey spaces GCE 42-45.... Not to get into trouble with the law.... the icecream was free anyway... you just need the official invite...

5) Motorolla Radio. Smaller than a Metropolitan

6) No clue... nice shape.

7) Truck Mirror Chevy ???

8) Tag clearly reads 614-G ( SOLD AT HERSHEY YIPEEE )

9) Heavy chrome trim. ( SOLD AT HERSHEY YIPEEE )

ukp_lot2.jpg

Thanks for your time,

Ramblin Randy

Edited by Wowabunga (see edit history)

#8 L-N generater is a complete blank in my National book listings that run up to 1938 for cars. It may be from a truck. L-N were listed for very few clients, mostly small and perhaps forgotten. The most significant user over a number of years was Haynes. The other significant name we remember is White for the last couple of years of their passenger car production before they devoted themselves entirely to trucks.

#8 L-N generater is a complete blank in my National book listings that run up to 1938 for cars. It may be from a truck. L-N were listed for very few clients, mostly small and perhaps forgotten.

#8 It's a neat looking unit and I sure would like to nail down the application.... someone out there is probably looking for it.... for now might have to go on the back burner. I have a 1960 L-N small motors catalog and it goes back to 1941 so maybe I'll run across a mid 50's L-N catalog in my travels.

#4 As to the grille insert this one has 7 slots for the "teeth" and the mid-early caddys look like they only had 5 slots.... hummm.

#2 The wiper set-up has on the side what they called a co-ordinator that allowed the washer fluid and the wipers to work with just one button push. No clue as to what the application fits, when cleaned up I didn't see any stamped numbers. Guess I'll have to look thru my 200 page Trico master parts book.

#9 I can't see how that would hold a license plate.... would it require 2 of them.... will have to go look at some pics of some 1930's cars and get edumacated. An yes all these parts need a new home. I'll get better photos of the part and post.

Wish I could ID that odd looking radio... it's been haunting me for about 5 years now.... thanks to all...

Item #9 - it's missing a part of it that clamps over the top of the license plate. The seperate piece with the two bolt holes is what allows it clamp over the bumper bracket. In your picture you show it sideways. Picture it upright & it may become clearer to you. I'm positive for 1935 - 1939 Lincoln. I wrote down your Hershey space number. Take it to Hershey & I'll explain it to you further.

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
#7 has a mounting bracket similar to a 1949-53 Studebaker 2R pickup. However, most that I have seen pivot at the base.

I've got a pic of a Chevy truck similar vintage but the base is a bit off. It's a truck in the early 50s it's safe to say. Now to find a home for it...

• 3 weeks later...