22 Buick Touring $7500

Guest BJM

It is listed on Ebay also, $7000 buy it now or best offer.

In this economy, a person may be able to get this car for $5000. The model 45 was the highest production 1922 Buick, it's a 6 cylinder in a year when Buick re-introduced the 4 cylinder.

It's interesting to note that the model 45 touring easily outsold all other models this year - an open car - yet this trend quickly reversed by 1925.

Beresford, SD

Now I'm starting to get ticked. I was thinking the price on this car was likely high...perhaps I'm out to lunch. There is a lot of restoration and dollars to be spent on this car. I went to go to Mannheim Gold Book online, my favourite...and there's a message that it is now delivered by NADA guides...ultimately go to their site and they only go back to 1926. Sigh. This after the Old Cars Price Guide dropped pre-1930 values. Sigh.

Neat car. I hope it finds a good home...it just won't be mine.

I agree it's a neat car. With the advent and popularity of Craigs List (free) we really need to thank them for bringing evilbay in line. It used to cost me $40 to $60 to put a car for sale on ebay before a bid was even made.

ebay made a LOT of money in those heady days just on people thinking that their barn finds or neglected cars were worth as much as those Barrett Jackson cars. Ebay said "gee thanks" everytime a car went on their site for the $50 listing fee and never came close to the reserve.

But now thank to CL, listing on ebay are no cost for the basic package. This car receives a wider audience through ebay. [How many of you in California or New York search Nebraska or South Dakota CL?]

Pricing...I lament the passing of "Old Cars Price Guide" in its old format including all significant cars in the years prior to 1930. I guess the reality of the market is that the interest in these classics is restricted to narrow segment. I guess that segment includes thogh anyone on this forum.

I kept a copy of OLD Cars Price Guide" Feb 2003. I believe the prices then are on par with todays depessed market.

The 1922 model 45 in #1 condition then was estimated at $31,000...the car shown on EBAY closely aligns with the description of a #5 car or

"Restorable: Needs complete restoration of the body,chassis and interior. May or may not be running, but isn't weathered, wrecked and/or stripped to a point of being useful only for parts. This car needs everything. It may not be operable, but essentially allthereand has only minor surface rustif any rust at all. While presenting a real challenge to the restorer, it wont have him doing a lot of chasing for missing parts."

Sound like the car we are looking at? The price guide values the #5 car at 12% of the # 1 price. So that translates to $3720.....add $500 for the pretty good tires and $500 for the "got have that car syndrome and a fair price might be as high as $4820....oops still have to get it home.

While I had estimated the value of the mentioned 22 buick at $4800 it sold for $6500....This is good news for us all as the prices are starting to re-bound some from this recession....the same car was offered on Ebay in August and the highest bid at that time was $3700...who can figure

Excellent analysis Tom. You have a nice well rounded collection I might add with some knowledge of these early 20's cars. Not many of these left, even this higher production touring.

I hope it went to a good home. I think a person can chip away at it - it's nice that it's complete as I have seen many of these wood bodied cars that just look like skeletons on the ground.

Kind of off topic, but I have a 1971 C20 Custom camper and a 72 Buick. My 71 C20 is used hard though when used.