New to Buicks

bobj49f2

hi!

looking for to buy fender like this but other side.

can you help me,please?

thanks.

rybak

Rybak

Bob's car is series 40. A lot different to your series 90. Very few parts (mechanical or sheet metal) are the same for series 40 vs series 90

See my reply to one of your other posts

Is your car a 90 or 90L ? There is a difference

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Man, it's been a long time, a lot longer than I realized, since I made my first post about my '37 Special.

Since the original post I've had four '37 Buicks. The first car went to the scrap yard after I stripped every part that was still useable. The only parts I saved was the two front fenders, hood and grill. I bought a '37 Limited for a parts car but after talking to Dave Tacheny I found out the only parts that were shared between the cars was the grill and headlights. Dave and I worked out a deal to trade Limited parts for many of the Special parts I needed. Later, after looking over the body and frame of the original Special Dave offered me a body and frame in a lot better condition so that's the one I am working on now. I also bought a '37 Special parts car and was able to get all the trim pieces I was missing along with a few other parts I needed

The repairs and modifications I've done to the car so far:

I blasted and painted the frame.

Bought a complete set of side mount wheel covers

Installed a '40 248 with a '36 transmission behind it.

Converted to a two cylinder master cylinder

Was given a dual carburator set up that I'll install hopefully soon

I start repairing the rusted out areas of the body. Even though this body is in a lot better shape the the original it's still very in the rear half.

You can see what I have done and what I am doing on my web site: www.fatfenderedtrucks.com