Delco Ignition

vergil

The points on my '16 Delco Ignition are beyond help. Other than Delco Ignition, Dayton, Ohio and patent dates from 1912, 1914 and 1915 there are no markings on the distributor.

Are points for this model available or is it possible to install modern points or an electronic ignition? I haven't had any luck tracking down info without a model number. Thanks!

Guest DodgeKCL

If you want to keep it closer to original you can put in modern points. I use 1958 Chev (yea I know) 283 V-8 points in my Chryco 6 cylinders. They're ventilated,they have a hole in the moving point, and have been in there for years. I believe the material is far superior to original. Platinum I think. I found them by taking the old set to my friendly car parts store and asking them to find something similiar in modern stock. It took them about 5 minutes.

I also run modern points and I can't tell you what it fits. I just went through the parts drawer and matched up what I needed. I did the same thing on my Moon so if you have a garage that has been in the business stop by and see what they have in their parts drawer. If you find one that fits they probably will give them to you.

Have a nice day.