Exterior Drivers side molding anyone?

Guest breather

Guest breather

I have a 1990 black Reatta coupe and someone tore my drivers door exterior molding in half.I would prefer a black piece, but I suppose I could always paint one black. Little by little I'm getting my projects done. This weekend I took the headliner out, took the old cigarette burned one off and replaced it with an exact matching color headliner material I found at a local Material shop. It wasn't as difficult as expected and I am quite proud of myself (pat,pat). The only thing is that I discovered that the A-Pillars were held on by velcro and get this---ugh, duct tape! Does anyone know if the correct clips are available anywhere? This coming weekend I'm gonna attempt to clean those ugly brown stains off the carpet. I do not believe it is rust as the car is pretty clean in that respect. Maybe I'll try my little steam machine and see if that does anything. I'm open to any ideas from some of youse guys who've had this problem. Sooo many projects, sooo much fun. Thanks for all the help. As I said before, when I grow up in Reattacology, I hope to help some other Newbie in need.:D

Guest Richard D

My 1990 black with slate gray interior had those brown stains on the passenger side carpet. I saw it before I bought the car and made sure it was not rust. It is a Florida car and there is no sign of rust anywhere on the car, under that carpet or the floorboards. I think it was a big gulp cola that someone just put new mats over. I tried one of those hot water extraction bissel machines and it did remove some of it, you could see it in the extracted water. But it still looked pretty bad. A friend recommended Dupli-color vinyl and carpet spray dye and it worked great. Mask off everything but the carpet and use a small stiff brush to brush the pile in between coats, this spreads the dye on all sides of the fibers and keeps the pile soft when dry, about half an hour. Vacuum it before you put your mats in and it will look new. In fact I took the car to a monthly car show that night and all I received were compliments, some asked where I found the new carpet kit for a Reatta because it still had an odor. That was four months ago and I am still very pleased. Advance auto and AutoZone have the Dupli -Color line.

Guest Richard D
ive seen signs around town for people that dye house carpet.my carpets in good shape except being faded.im thinking of seeing if they can restore the color if i remove it.

The spray can dye REALLY WORKED WELL, brought the carpets back to the original shade of gray, mine were faded too plus it took all of a half hour for the front and about 45 minutes for the rear because of masking around the storage compartments. If you are going to go to the trouble of removing the carpet I would replace it with new.