'65 Riv Speed Alert

Patrick91914

In my effort to make sure that everything is connected correctly, I've removed my dash, dash panel, gauges, radio, glovebox section to expose the wiring harness make any necessary repairs.

My car has the upgraded wiring harness which allows for guidematic, power vents, and cruise control. Can anyone tell me if cars equipped with cruise have the speed alert feature that buzzes when the car exceeds a certain speed? I have the connection for it, but I don't have the relay shown in the service manual.

Speaking of the guidematic it there a way to be sure it works while the car is apart? Is there a way to test it?

Pat,

You can't have both cruise and the speed alert. The same needle in the speedometer is used for setting the cruise or the speed alert so it has to be used for one or the other, not both.

The factory service manual will tell you how to bench check the guidematic. If you don't have one, get one; they're the bible on how to diagnose and fix these cars. There are a couple on ebay now as well as a CD of the shop manual.

Ed

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. All of my cars have had cruise. I have the service manual on CD which shows a relay for the buzzer in the “optional” harness. I have the connector for the buzzer in my harness, but no relay. So, I wasn’t sure if I was missing something.