90 TC Radio Repair

Need Advice. My radio has stopped working. Tape works but ff,rewind,seek keys do not work. antenna goes up every time the car starts even when is was turned off. Do these symptoms sound familiar? I think all connections are plugged in.

If anyone has some thoughts I would appreciate it.

Guest My TC Toy

Our radios, in fact most Chrysler radios, are controlled by a logic module. Evert time you push a button, the logic module reads the signal and instructs the radio to do what you wanted. Sounds to me like the logic module has failed. The simplest way to repair is to replace. Now would be a good time to pick up an AM, FM, Cass, CD unit. It bolts right in place with no modifications.

Guest LouZ

There is a chrysler radio that was used until about 2002 or 2003. is is an exact replacement in our TC dash. It is the same radio with the addition of the CD with the tape, I replaced all of mine. I got them on eBay for around $100.00.. Good luck, Lou

Guest LouZ

First I would suggest you remove your old radio. This will allow you to become familiar with all connections and mountings.

The newer style radio has the same electrical connections, they are just in a slightly different location. The mounting screws are in exactly the same location. The speacker control is the same "Joystick" style located in the same right lower corner. The sound control is a 3 bar in place of the 5 bar type, both located in the same lower left corner. the final difference is the addition of the CD slot located at the top. Good Luck, Lou

Guest LouZ

Sorry Andy,

"We don't need no stinkin' numbers" . Sorry Andy, I just had to do that (the DEvel made me do it). I do not have any numbers I just went by appearance. Just check those 2 main things: Mounting Tabs for the screws are in the same place and Wire connectors are the same type. lz

• 2 weeks later...

Just check those 2 main things: Mounting Tabs for the screws are in the same place and Wire connectors are the same type. lz

The next gen radio in this series (ie; with the same 2 output connectors and face) has it's mounting tabs in slightly different locations. With a little modification it goes in just fine. I picked up a combo CD/Tape unit from a Sebring (or a cloud car?) with the orange display to upgrade my '89. If I remember right, it was only a matter of attaching a couple of brackets to the radio to bolt to the car.

TT

Guest My TC Toy

You can get an AM/FM/Cass/CD that is an EXACT replacement unit requiring no modifications what-so-ever which is without a doubt a better way to go. Search "Chrysler radios" on e-bay and find one with the tabs on top right and lower left. Simple. Usually you can still find them at a local salvage yard as well.