1953 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon

JHopkins

Hello everyone. This is my first post to the site. I would like some advice in how to present an amazing find to the Buick community. I have a friend who has asked me to assist him in the sale of approx. 20 classic automobiles. In this group of cars is one diamond of a vehicle. The best I can tell, there are VERY few of these known to exist. Less than 15 was stated in one of the books I located. We have a complete 1953 Roadmaster Estate Wagon, unrestored and original, RUNNING and DRIVING, though the last time this was on the road was 1965. Owners manual and bill of sale is in the glovebox. Any, and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Guest imported_Thriller

Drool....

Last of the woodies...and with a V8. 670 were built. I know where one project is.

The way to present it is with a bow...I'd gratefully accept it wink.gifgrin.gif

Sorry...it's a rare and amazing find. Aside from the initial rarity, it isn't that often you find a running original car, if it would truly be called original in the collector's sense (never rebuilt / restored for all major components - usual wear items / damage / whatnot replace is OK).

I want it, but have neither the space nor the funds that would be required to procure it (unless it comes with that bow suggested above).

To the best of my knowledge, this car has not been plated since 1965. Still has wide whites on it, and they took air, at least enough to drive it down the road a bit this past weekend. Still trying to work out the exact history on her. It had obviously been kept running over the years - at least a start and a short drive once in a while because it started up with relative ease.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JHopkins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...it started up with relative ease... </div></div>

That's what these Buicks do. Lay around a while, start easy (lulling you into a feeling this would be a piece of cake to get going), and then lower the $ boom on ya.