58 Air Poise Suspension Leftovers - restore or remove?

Smartin

I have about 95% of the air poise system left on my Limited, with the exception of the actual bags themselves.

I've been toying with the idea of installing all of these parts, and reconnecting the lines to the compressor to make it appear like the car still has the air poise suspension hooked up.

What do most of you do with the air poise leftovers? Restore them and reinstall them back on the restored car? Or pull all associated air parts off?

I have started to refinish some of the pieces, but I don't want to waste my time if I decide not to reinstall the air poise stuff.

Opinions?

Guest my3buicks

Adam, my thought would be restore them and leave them. For judging, it did leave the factory with them, and even though it was changed over probably by the dealer, it still should have the rest of the system for judging. If there was a service bulletin telling the service department to remove all items then you would be covered.

Thanks for the response, Keith. I would much rather leave the parts on the car, than to remove it all. Although, I am going to remove it all to restore anyway. tired.gif

I can't believe how many little parts and hoses, lines, etc are involved with the air poise suspension. No wonder it was a PITA to service.

I never had a car with Air Poise but have had very similar circumstances. I would definitely restore the components and install as original in order to maintain the cars integrity as well as make a great conversation piece at the shows.

The only exception would be if you weren't doing an authentic restoration and/or a custom, then it wouldn't matter.

So you're finally taking a break from the body work huh?