1979 (Coupe DeVille) Islander

SIPLOWGUY

I am looking at a 1979 Cadillac "Islander". It is Black and Silver with a Black and Silver interior and has Islander emblems on the sail panel. The car was sold new from Raines Cadillac in Roslyn N.Y. It looks like a Coupe DeMarchand but is an islander. Does anyone know about this car?

• 3 months later...

I am looking at a 1979 Cadillac "Islander". It is Black and Silver with a Black and Silver interior and has Islander emblems on the sail panel. The car was sold new from Raines Cadillac in Roslyn N.Y. It looks like a Coupe DeMarchand but is an islander. Does anyone know about this car?

i was just looking at the same exact car in queens yesterday the owner said only 50 were made custom at the caddy dealer his has new paint & new landu roof,interior wasnt bad i really liked the car im 45yrs old grew up with all kinds of caddys but never heard or saw this kind (islander) he wanted $7000 a little to much for me i check back with him later on

• 1 month later...

Car is nice but the interior (dash and door panels) were done poorly. I liked the car but NOBODY knows about this car. Price IS high considering the car was redone but Jeff has more than that in the paint alone. Let me know how you do. I bought a 72 Coupe DeVille (70th anniversary) and decided to sell my 79 Coupe.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest royale99

I actually seen a car like this in Queens. I remember it was for sale for $8400, and then it dropped to $7200. The last time I saw it, it wasn't for sale. Before this, I never heard of this car or seen it before.

Guest johnny3

wow it had to be the same car i saw. it was at the end of the summer time parked off francis lewis blvd, i like the car but its not in my buget right now

Guest royale99

That's probably the same one. I think it's different than the one in the original question asked, because the one I saw has silver, black, and red paint. It could be the same color as the original one described in the post, but who knows. Do you know the mileage on it and the condition of it?

Guest johnny3

this one was has fresh paint silver & black on sides bmw paint was used. he said it had 100,000 miles car is mint owner claims he spent $10,000 in paint & sum rust repair. top dash ,vinyl top replace .Interior nice alittle wear on drivers seat nice spoke hubcaps wont budge lower then $7000 i like the car but not in my budget right now :(

Edited by johnny3 (see edit history)

Guest royale99

Then that's definetly the same car I saw. It's pretty fresh. I guess $7000 is reasonable, for a rare car that only 50 of them were made. Did you say the owners name is Jeff? I don't know the guy, but that's funny because there's a white caddy (sedan deville i think) that was parked on the same block, and the liscense plate said "Jeffs91". I'm guessing that's the same guy. This car may be in my ballpark in a few years, but not right now.

Guest johnny3

yup thats definitly the car i remember the white caddy behind it . his name is jeff & the black & silver islander caddys plate is 79islander again i like the car but cant buy it right now besides you will need another $7000 for gas :(

I seriously doubt that an aftermarket-gorp package increases the value of the car appreciably, regardless of the "limited" production of said package. I'm not bad-mouthing the car mind you if that's your thing, just that there's nothing genuinely special about these "special editions".

• 3 months later...
Guest royale99

I was near francis lewis the other day, no Islander but I saw a dodge Mirada where the islander is usually parked.

Guest johnny3
I was near francis lewis the other day, no Islander but I saw a dodge Mirada where the islander is usually parked.

probably in garage