Buick Reatta Pop-Up Sunroof!

ScarletNGray

I'm just curious if I could enlist the common wisdom on whether the regular 1990 Reatta should have a pop-up sunroof? I talked to the local "sunroof" shop where the owner has done thousands of installations on all cars over the years. He told me that he would not put in the more mechanical current type of sunroof on the car because he doesn't trust it for the Reatta. The pop-up he's proposing is the oversized type where the glass can also be completely removed, and stored. I've heard that some Buick Reatta owners have had bad leaks with sunroofs! Anyone care to weigh in on this if I'm about to make a real bonehead mistake?

"Pop-up" sounds like the manual removable one in my Fiero (stores on a bracket in the front trunk). Personally have never cared for sunroofs other than as a roof vent.

The factory power moonroof leaks also (particularly if in vent position). That is why it has a drain at each corner running through the A and B pillars (or is that A & C and there is no B ?)

Guest CL_Reatta

Maybe see if he can do some sorta T-top work on your car... always thought that would be great on a reatta