Pix of pewter model Reatta

NYBobP

This is the pewter Reatta model that sat in Ron Fusile's office during the Reatta years at Buick's Flint, MI offices. Ron was the promotion/marketing manager for the Buick Division.

2 Christmases ago Ron sent me the car as a gift. We worked a lot of projects together in the late 80's and early 90's, and still stay in touch. Today he is retired and lives in the Washington, DC area.

I know some of the forum members have a similar model that previously belonged to GM executives and selected dealers. I think there were several hundred made. He doesn't remember for sure. Would like to know how many Reatta owners on this forum have one around somewhere.

post-32699-143138070875_thumb.jpg

post-32699-143138070878_thumb.jpg

post-32699-143138070879_thumb.jpg

Barney and Bob the one that I have has PROOF stamped on the muffler. I had another one also with nothing on the muffler and it did not have the stand with it. I sold it a couple of years ago to another member in Arizona. There was also one that was for sale by a vendor last summer at the Nationals in Flint. There was nothing on the muffler of that car. I think that Bob Neumann told me he also has one. That all the info I know of

Chuck Kerls

Stan Leslie did some research several years back and believes the cars that went to the Select Sixty dealers were stamped on the muffler. He suggests they were probably numbered #1 thru #60.

I talked with Ralph Moss who now lives in Kerrville, TX. His department handled the pewter models. He doesn't remember giving them specifically to the select 60 dealers. He thought there was only one run of them. However its been over 20 years now since they were made. I can't remember what I did yesterday.

I have one with the number 040 stamped on the muffler.....

Opps, forgot to add that I bought it from one of the better Ebay literature sales groups who I contacted and stated it came for the estate of a GM Corporate Officer of some sort - I would have to look up my notes to find out who it was....

Guest vwdubb

The detail that pewter model has is outstanding!! I can't believe the time someone must have spent making that precise! The wood stand is real sharp also. Wish I had one! I've never seen one for sale anywhere.