Radial Tires for 35 Buick

pint4

I have a 1935 Buick Model 41 Four Door Sedan. I don't care for the ride and steering I get with my bias belted tires. I would like to switch to radial tires. I am looking for recommendations regarding brand, where to buy them, who to buy them from, tube or tubeless recommendation, best price, etc. Does anyone have an opinion? It would be nice if they had a bit of an original appearance but not an absolute necessity.

Thanks.

Bob

Guest imported_Thriller

Prices seem to be very consistent, although admittedly, I haven't looked at the specific tires you would be needing (but will at some point need for my '29).

Wallas Wade in Texas is friendly and easy to deal with. I just bought a set from him for Ellie. I think he has a contact page at something like wallacewade.com - if you search, you'd find it.

Of course, there is always Coker Tire and Lucas Tire.

Selection in terms of brands and such will be limited.

Good luck.

Guest model61

Diamond Back Classics sells wide whitewall radials in 16" . It was the only source I could find for the wide whitewall radials for my 1936 40 series.

Stan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pint4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 1935 Buick Model 41 Four Door Sedan. I don't care for the ride and steering I get with my bias belted tires. I would like to switch to radial tires. I am looking for recommendations regarding brand, where to buy them, who to buy them from, tube or tubeless recommendation, best price, etc. Does anyone have an opinion? It would be nice if they had a bit of an original appearance but not an absolute necessity.

Thanks.

Bob </div></div>

My dad thought he'd improve the ride on his car by using radial tires. I told him to first make sure that his whole front suspension is in perfect working order, then see if he still thought he needed radial tires. Well, he didn't listen, put the radial tires on, only to find out that they couldn't even align the front end because parts were too worn out.

I completely rebuilt the front end on my 1940 Packard (king pins, tie rod ends, steering link, shocks, etc.), and it rides and handles beautifully. It doesn't wander and after a 2,000 mile road trip, never once did I think that my steering and handling were in need of help.

That's just my 2¢.

Guest 40series

Hello Bob,

check out my 34-35 buick group. There is a link below. I am running bias plys with a rebuilt front end and have no problems of wandering.

If you need or have parts, drop a line.

marty

Guest model61

I have a 1935 Buick with bias ply tires and a 1936 with the same running gear except for aluminum pistons and hydraulic brakes with radial tires.Radials will give a softer ,quieter ride with better gas mileage.The radials hold the road better and do not pull on rough pavement or ride hard when cold.I tried swapping tires between cars and found ride noticeably better with radials now on the 1935.When I replace the 1935 tires they will be radials.

If you buy Diamond Back Classic radials get the 600x16[equivalent] not the 650x16 as they will rub fenders on turns when you have passengers.

Stan

Guest northern wayne

I highly recommend Diamondback Classics. You can just about customize any tire you would like to have. My 57 Buick sports Tiger Paw radials with a 2 3/4 inch wide white wall with a 1/2 inch raised white bead. Lots of compliments on looks and they handle just like they should.

Wayne

I have a simple question, I think. I need one cheap tire for the front so I can move it around easier during restoration. Can I just get any 16" tire that's skinny? I know this is a dumb question, but I've never dealt with tubes before. Since I will eventually need 4 new ones anyway, I thought about just getting one new whitewall for now, but right now spending $150 or so on one tire is not in the budget.