brake lines

I needed brake lines for a 62 Dodge and a 48 Chevy. I sent my old lines to a company called 'Fine Lines'. They reproduced the old rusty lines in stainless steel, which fit perfectly. This was a few years back now, I don't know if that company is still in business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: foxhole</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ummm, make some </div></div>

If you're restoring a car for show, <span style="text-decoration: underline">do not</span> make your own. The computerized reproduction facilities that the commercial firms use duplicate the bends and construction (including any coiled shielding) better than anyone can make by hand. At about $180.00/set stainless or $150.00/set OE steel, it's worth every penny!

I've had very good results from 2 firms. Both will copy your lines if you send them to them, if they're not already in their system. Inline Tube does not list brake lines for 1967 Rambler products in their catalog, although they do list a number of fuel and vacuum lines. Classic Tube's online catalog is down as I type this, so you'll have to call to see if they have your application already in their system.

Classic Tube did the lines on my 1960 Buick. The lines they sent me were duplicated from a car that had hand-made lines installed for the rear axle portions. I sent my original, factory lines in and they duplicated them at no additional charge. If you now order a set of lines from them for a 1960 Buick, the data for that part of the set came from my car.

yes that is why i posted a second option for a company that actually makes lines for his car. most of the cars i restore for customers are rare and it is nessesary to make all parts needed, that is what we specialize in. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave@Moon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: foxhole</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ummm, make some </div></div>

If you're restoring a car for show, <span style="text-decoration: underline">do not</span> make your own. The computerized reproduction facilities that the commercial firms use duplicate the bends and construction (including any coiled shielding) better than anyone can make by hand. At about $180.00/set stainless or $150.00/set OE steel, it's worth every penny!

I've had very good results from 2 firms. Both will copy your lines if you send them to them, if they're not already in their system. Inline Tube does not list brake lines for 1967 Rambler products in their catalog, although they do list a number of fuel and vacuum lines. Classic Tube's online catalog is down as I type this, so you'll have to call to see if they have your application already in their system.

Classic Tube did the lines on my 1960 Buick. The lines they sent me were duplicated from a car that had hand-made lines installed for the rear axle portions. I sent my original, factory lines in and they duplicated them at no additional charge. If you now order a set of lines from them for a 1960 Buick, the data for that part of the set came from my car. </div></div>