model A parts

Guest 1930

I know some of you guys own these so can someone tell me a couple of names and #s of guys that deal with these cars and have original parts. I am not looking for a guy that sells repros, thanks

I am still on the carpet snaps, I have a small handfull of them, I have found out by accident that 29/30 Chevy used the same as my Dodge. I also found this weekend that a 31 Victoria used the identical snap so I am thinking I am very close to ending this since there must be a million of these cars still out there. I am not sure what other A might share these snaps, maybe you would know. I am pretty sure I need to find a hoarder of model A stuff to find these since as far as what I have experinced noone even knows what I am talking about and then look at me as if I am nuts when I explain. I can provide picture if need be, thanks

Ok well that great, here is a picture, the far left shows what you would see if you were to lift up the carpet in the car, it snaps onto the male portion which is shown still screwed into floorboard on the far right. The middle view shows the 7 little ears that get folded in the carpet so that the snap stays in place.

post-48869-143138048753_thumb.jpg

Yep, that's what was ORIGINALLY used on Model As--many models, with carpets. However, what is available nowadays is a ring with pointed tabs that goes on the top of the capret, and through a stamped with snap ring base the fits over the body mounted "studs." Very similar to the orginal, but not--high point restorers look for these and as they aren't common!

David D.

Yes I have also seen the males on early Auburn and early Nash, I will just keep looking, I have been given a Berts as a supplier of Model A only but no luck there, I would have thought there would be dozens of guys selling model A original parts but going online there is only repro parts that I can find, I need to find someone that receives a model A newsletter of some kind and in the back there is prob. a list of guys that sell original stuff. If anyone knows where I might find one it would be a help.

Hmm, I'll reword my response: These are made of unobtainium. Why, I don't know. You might try a "wanted" posting in the Model A websites. One place that might have then is A&L Parts Specialities. It seems like a fairly simple item to reproduce, compared to the part that is currently available--which must be used someplace else, where the demand is large enough to keep manufacturing numbers up.

David D.