1947 lincoln clock

Guest mitch lojek

Guest mitch lojek

can the clock in the 47 lincoln continental be repaired or rebuilt? I have power running up to the fuse line but it doesn't run. can these clocks be taken apart and fooled around with? has anybody had a similar problem?

mitch

Mitch, I recently removed the clock from my '48 LC and had it cleaned and adjusted. It now runs "like a clock". It cost me $30.00. It wwas man here in my community who also has a 47 LC convt. I belive that you'll find that the same problem is with your clock. Glenn Lorei b6vt

Mitch, I wouldn't do my own, I'd be afraid that I'd do somthing to screw it up. It's far too hard to replace. I'm sure I could learn to do it. Look in the yellow pages, there has to be a person that works on clocks like mantle clocks and such. Glenn Lorei

Mitch, Taking one of these apart is a little tricky and you do have to be careful especially when handling the "works" after you remove it from the case to do the cleaning. The escape mechanism is particularly vunerable. The only adjustment is the "fast-slow" indicator on the rear of the clock. You wil need to play with this after the clock is running. The accuracy standard for one of these seems to be about 5 minutes in a week. See my private message. Dee