Compression

doitnow

I don't know about shaving the heads, except to clean them up if necessary, but you can install vin L pistons in the vin C engine to gain about .5 compression ratio. The aftermarket pistons, I used Silvolite, are about .050" higher compression height. I am a little concerned that if the heads are shaved a bunch, the non-adjustable rockers may cause a valve geometry problem? New pushrods might be required?

Yes, it is a modified stock manifold. A friend of mine is a welding instructor and he did the welding. My upper radiator hose is made of welded copper, not brazed or soldered, which we also did as an experiment. The hat on top is removable and in addition to the added volume I was considering adding a small air/water intercooler inside. It's mostly an experiment. I had considered using a snakes style manifold lower intake with a big box on top, but there are too many differences in the manifold connections to make that worth the effort. The individual ports still flow within 2% of each other, so it didn't destroy the internal balance I had been working on. It certainly looks different.