Centurion Emblems--Keep or sell?

Guest AthensCenturion

Guys,

I need your advice. I'm restoring my 73 Centurion convert. to driver condition. I want it to look as nice as possible, but I'm certainly not interested in getting it to "show quality" in a technical sense.

Here's my question. I've got two sets of "CENTURION" fender emblems. One set is in perfect condition. In the other set, the "n" is broken off. I know the broken one's can be used with a little ingenuity, as they were already broken when I removed them... they were simply kept on with some adhesive.

Here's my challenge- as this is a hobby car, I could use the money toward the restoration if these good emblems are valuable. Can anyone estimate the market value of a pair of these emblems. I've searched Ebay and other places, but can't seem to find a market price. If they are valuable enough to sell, I will do so and put the money into the restoration. Otherwise, I'll just use them myself. I know it's a "value" question, and that means different things to each of us. However, I don't have a point of reference to help me with my decision.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

post-53367-143138037939_thumb.jpg

Guest my3buicks

I would say the broken ones have little to no value - even though the Centurions where only manufactured for 3 years and in not huge numbers, there is not much of a demand for parts for them such as there would be for GS parts. These nameplates can still be found regularly on ebay in excellent condition.

I have done, and to some extent still do the save it until I fully restore the car, or save it for.... pick a reason. All that has happened is I have lots of nice parts, not on the car. I have cut this out and now put em on the car. Put the nice ones on the car and call it a day. Thats my vote.

Guest my3buicks

I also save parts(extensively) - but I only save a part if it is nice enough to use on the car if something would happen to the part that is on the car. (God forbid an accident or similar)

When buying parts I only buy NOS or absolutly mint pieces and the others are either sold, or in the cases of the above pictured broken emblems, Ok gasp everyone, tossed.

• 13 years later...