What spark plug is recommended for 1927 flat 4?

fsnooks

Guest imported_woodwheels

F.S.; The Champion extra range spark plug chart 1920-1940 published in 1964 lists the old # as C-4 and the new # as C-16C, for Dodge 4 cyl. You will need to up date the # again but bringing it from 1964 should make the correct ID problem easier to solve. Jim

I went to the local auto parts shop with the DBC site Spark plug conversion chart. He could old find a reference to Champion C-4. Renamed to (561). The procelen(outside where the wires connect) was twice as thick as normal and $15.00/plug.... Anyone know where to buy these?

Guest imported_woodwheels

F.S.; You need the resources of the Dodge Brothers Club. Go to www.dodgebrothersclub.org. Scroll down on the title page to the technical advisors on the left margin and 1). contact Roger Hartley 2). join the club to receive the news letter. In the bi-monthly news letter you will find sources for all that you may be looking for. Plugs can be had at 1).www.meyersearlydodge.com 2).www.romardb@zoominternet.net

3).roysdodge@hughes.net 4). Gene Sanson 1-973-478-8958 days only EST Jim Cook, Technical Advisor '33 DP, Dodge Bros. Club

Ask for either the Champion W-18 or the W-16-Y, I believe that the stock number on the W-16-Y is 561. These only run between $5 and $7, they are pretty common and are used in a lot of modern "industrial" engines. I am not sure if I am remembering this correctly but the W-18 is a hotter plug than the W-16-Y, I think.

I just installed Autolite 3076 on my '26 4 cylinder. It took some looking around but I finally found something that could work since the local Napa auto parts couldn't find a current cross reference for the Champion plugs. When I gave them the A-C 78-S number that I got off of the DBC conversion chart they came up with the Autolite numbers because the A-C is discontinued.

Everything seems to be working just fine, there was no trouble firing right up after the change. They are a little hotter than the old Champions I had in there but no problems yet!

I just finished rebuilding the carb so I will have a better idea of how well everything will run when I install it tomorrow!

Dave