Model A Clubs

Jay Wolf

Glad that you have joined the ranks of Model A Owners. You will have a blast!

I have been a member of MAFCA for many years. I joined MARC just a couple of years ago.

(I just found MAFCA first and never got around to looking for another club for quite a few years.)

I finally joined MARC because they had a meet in Virginia and I planned to attend. I did not actually make it to the meet, but am glad that I joined anyway.

There are not too many MAFCA or MARC events very near me here in NC, but I enjoy both magazines.

Since we have a lot of Model A folks in our local AACA Chapter, I am kicking around the idea of starting a local Model A group, probably affilitated with one or the other of the national Model A Clubs, to supplement our local AACA chapter activities.

I don't think that there is enough difference between the groups to choose one over the other. I sort of prefer MAFCA's magazine, but that might just be because I have been reading it for many more years.

I would encourage you to join both clubs, unless there is a local chapter of one or the other in your area, in which case you might be quite happy with just joining that one.