Singapore - Thailand and back! 3500kms

DBT

Folks,

Just back from a 3500km run from Singapore up to Hua Hin Thailand to participate in the annual Hua Hin Vintage car run. Each year the Thai Vintage Car club does a run from Bangkok to Hua Hin and then a series of events in Hua Hin itself. This year at their invitation I thought I would join in with the Buick and make a road trip of it all.

Link attached. Took about 9 days in all and very enjoyable. The car behaved admirably with only a few minor mishaps that were easily attended to.

Better buy Buick? For sure

Enjoy the link and happy holidays to all

www.msvcr.com

I have not yet read the entire posting on the link, but not only an excellent article for the Pre-War Newsletter, but it seems to me it would be an excellent article for the Bugle for those that do not check the forum or the Pre-War Newsletter.

We might need a bit of clarification for some of the expressions into "American" English.

John

Guys

Glad it was of interest.

Happy to help with an article, you'll have to point out the non-american text for me but I did intend to do a re-write in any case as what you saw was essentially notes done on the road so its a little rough.

Regards

David

David,

My apology. I read through the entire article this time (but again rather quickly), and yes the trip description should be quite clear to us Americans. But, I think it would be good to describe the whole concept of the trip. I believe you mentioned on the way up that you had contacted the officials on the way to the event in Thailand. Does this mean that the entire trip was part of the event? Then too, many of the charity things here are done with cash or check, but do not involve the actual purchase and delivery of items to the recpients - so I think the readers would like to know a bit more about that.

It certainly was quite an adventure and your efforts to share your Buick with the world are appreciated.

John

Your trip sounds like a mini version of the 25,000 Km reliability run that Buick did with a 1930 Buick in April 1930. twenty-eight days to do 25,000 Km, twenty times through Java without an engine stop. It is written up in hte May 1930 edition of "General Motors Orient".

I bought the magazine because it had an article about my type of Pontiac and found out quite a few things about motoring in hte orient.