Croxton-Keeton automobiles

Dear sir, I know a fellow who has a complete collection of six Croxton-Keeton cereal box cars for sale. They are small, but very colorful. This person even kept some of the cereal from each of the six boxes. I believe the cereal is corn flakes, but I'm not certain. That would be appropriate however, since this collector is something of a flake. His name is Kenny and he lives somewhere in Wisconsin. I'll check my notes and will get back to you, if I can find his full name and/or phone number. Good luck, and welcome to this wonderful, helpful forum. John

Ok Jolly John, I thought it was Jolly old St. Nick this time of year? Well I know you got the old part workin' for you. And, yes, Kenny is bit of a flake, but there is no fun having fun at his expense here since he lives in Plover, Wisconsin, which has only had electricity a couple weeks and Kenny hasn't even got his first computer yet. Sham on you, making fun of the technologically impared.

• 2 weeks later...

A taxi company in Winnipeg, Manitoba used Croxton-Keetons in their fleet 1910-???? My grandfather drove one of them in 1911-1912. I have a speeding ticket that he got for exceeding the speed of one mile in four minutes. He was pulled over by a policeman on a bicycle. It was the only ticket he ever got in 60 years of driving. I have looked in my old photos but cannot find a picture. I find Commer trucks and street cars from that vintage but no autos....strange.

Merry Christmas to all.

Bob,

I did a quick search on the AACA Library & Research Center's web site at www.aacalibrary.org.

It appears that the Library has some pieces of information on Croxton-Keeton automobiles.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Marque or Author </span>Croxton-Keeton 1910-13

<span style="font-weight: bold">Title:</span> Miscellaneous

<span style="font-weight: bold">Summary:</span> A variety of one-color magazine advertisements, photo, magazine article, and other misc. clippings. All pieces relate to Croxton-Keeton models.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Call number: </span> 94-C4835

I also did a quick search of the library on the Jewel manufactured in Massillon, Ohio and found the following:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Title: </span>Jewell 1906 Clippings Compilation

<span style="font-weight: bold">Marque or Author </span>Jewell 1906

<span style="font-weight: bold">Title:</span> Jewell 1906 Clippings Compilation

Summary: A small variety of black/white snapshots, photos, photo- copies/pages from books/magazines, newspaper clipping, and carbon/photocopy of correspondence. All pieces pertain to 1906 Jewell models manufactured in Massillon, Ohio.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Call number: </span> 98-J0741

<span style="font-weight: bold">Title: </span> Jewell 1907 Clippings Compilation

<span style="font-weight: bold">Marque or Author</span> Jewell 1907

<span style="font-weight: bold">Summary: </span> A small variety of one-color magazine advertisements, snap- shots, correspondence, etc., and one color snapshot and collector's card. All pieces pertain to 1907 Jewell models manufactured in Massillon, Ohio.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Call number:</span> 98-J0742

<span style="font-weight: bold">Title:</span> Jewell 1908-09 Clippings Compilation

<span style="font-weight: bold">Marque or Author</span> Jewell 1908-09

<span style="font-weight: bold">Summary:</span> A small variety of one-color magazine articles, advertise- ments, and misc. clippings; also includes a full-color postcard. All pieces pertain to Jewell models manufactured in Massillon, Ohio.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Call number: </span> 98-J0743

If you are interested, you might want to contact the AACA Library and ask about obtaining copies of the information they have. Since they are often receiving new literature, they may have more pieces that are not yet listed on the online search catalog.

The Library's mailing address is:

AACA Library & Research Center

501 West Governer Road

PO Box 417

Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033

The library's phone number is: 717-534-2082,

or email the new librarian Chris Ritter at CRitter@aacalibrary.org for more information.