How do I contact the Peerless club?

Guest hearseguy27

Guest hearseguy27

I am looking to join the Peerless club but when I try to pull up their website there is nothing there. I was hoping somebody may be able to help. Thank you all for your time.

Jeremy

Guest 25peerless72

That is interesting that the website is not working. It worked for me last week, but not now when i just tried it. I've been needing to join also, just haven't taken the time and money to do it.

Cheers

Devon

Dear hearseguy27,

I talked to the club president about 10 days ago. He ( Richard Lichtfeld ) said that a new website for the club is being designed. I think that explains the site being down. Dues are $20 US/$30 overseas. You can write to Peerless Motor Car Club, 5001 Femrite Drive, Madison, WI 53716 or email peerless19@charter.net. ----Jeff

P.S.: Don't you think it's neat that you have the longest wheelbase Peerless 6-80 in the world? What is your hearse's wheelbase, anyway?

Guest hearseguy27

Thank you for the info. The wheelbase on my Peerless is 150 inches. It's size is pretty impresive. I can't wait to start on the restoration.

Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...

Peerless did indeed build ambulances and hearse's, however this could have a special body in which case there should be a builders plate. Our web page is down right know because we are building a new one and should have it on line the first of the year with a lot of new information and pictures. Peerless built heavy trucks from 1911 to 1918 with a four cylinder engine, but they also built a line of light trucks, paddy wagons, ambulance, and hearse's on the auto chassis through the 20's.

Guest hearseguy27

I knew they had built some, however never knew to what extent. This particular coach has no builders plate, only the Peerless factory plate. This led me to believe that this may be a Peerless built coach. I did however figure that Peerless would have stated this on the data plate rather than put the model the coach was built on, which in this case is 6-80. I am going to shoot an email to the Peerless club and sign up. Do they get together for meets. I would really enjoy meeting some fellow Peerless owners and taking a look at some of these beautiful cars. Thank you all for your help.

Jeremy

• 4 months later...

New on here, looks like some good info. I have recently purchased a 1929 Peerless and I need to start the restoration process the right way, by gathering any/all information that I can. Can anyone suggest the best way to go about this?

I'm assuming that this is a good first step. The car is in decent shape but definitely needs total restoration. The interior is original but would split if I even tried to sit in it. The body is in great shape except for some rust around the rear fenders and running boards. The car is only missing one headlight as far as I can tell.

About to take this car apart, piece by piece, documenting all the way and labeling everything. I plan on taking loads of pictures and video's for possible use to other Peerless enthusiasts out there.

Suggestions/comments are more than welcome. Thank you

George

George,

Welcome to the Peerless Forum! Visitors are welcome here from near and far. Great to hear that you have a 1929 Peerless that you plan on restoring, and doing some documentation on.

I. Re: <span style="font-style: italic">Gathering information on the car</span>. A good idea. I took 5 days of classes in antique auto restoration from the Reynolds-Alberta Museum 2 yrs. ago and they stressed the importance of doing research first. You kinda wanna know beforehand about things like parts availability/what to farm out/what to do yourself/are there other cars around I can look at for guides?/how many cars like mine are out there?/etc.

A. Before the R-A-M started to restore their 1918

Winton, they knew it had a cracked block and a bad rad-

iator (block was repaired by a process called "engine

knitting" at one shop and another one hand-built a new

German silver radiator [for $17,000]). You need to know

these things going into a project.

B. Unlike the case of the "Packard Guys", "Model T Guys", and "Corvette

Guys"...there aren't a lot of books for us "Peerless Guys".

Look at the post "Anybody know of a good book on the

Peerless Motor Car Co.?". Also, the Jan/Feb 2001

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Antique Automobile </span> article: "From Clothes Wringers &

Bicycles to Horseless Carriages and Luxury Cars"

(have not read).

C. Inspiration. Look at the post "FS: 1929 Peerless"

(7/23/08). It has a very nice-looking '29 that may be

similar to yours.

II. <span style="font-style: italic">Numbers of each model year remaining</span>. Of the 32 years in which Peerless cars were built, the 1929's are the most numerous (around 50), followed by the 1927's (around 40).

III. <span style="font-style: italic">Good Things About Peerless Cars</span>:

A. Nobody knows what they are, so prices are still low. Jay Leno doesn't even have one!

B. If the general public knew more about them, prices would go up. Peerless led the way in a lot of U.S. auto technology. You can even find Peerless innovations on modern cars.

C. My surveys of surviving Peerlesses show them in 6 continents & 16 countries around the world.

D. No matter how well-known they get, no one will ever tell you: "Everyone has one of those!" if you own a Peerless.