1942 Lincoln Window Ram

strictlyballroom

Guest imported_V12Bill

I have had some success in rebuilding hydralic rams for windows, and perhaps the vacuum rams could be taken apart and rebuilt also. I have found the problem the the hydralic rams is that the piston seal has dried out and needed replacing. With vacuum rams the seal is probaly made of leather and would be easy enough to make up.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Suggest you contact Hydro-E- lectric. They may be able to help with parts or rebuild your cylinders. Their e-mail is hydroel@aol.com

Good luck

Did you do any good on the window ram. I just bought a 42 Continental and it has set a long time. Haven't received the car yet. My first 42 was back in 1960 and it had crank windows. 42 is the only year they were used they went to brake fluid in 46 and I have had several of them. Waldren

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Waldren, I haven't started work yet as too many other projects needed more urgent attention - have you taken a look at your rams yet?

I am waiting on my car to be delivered from New York. They had 3 feet of snow and we have to wait till they can get it out of the warehouse. Keep in

touch. I hope to receive the car this week. Lee Waldren.