electric fuel pump '48 LC

b6vt

I have installed an electric fuel pump on my '48 LC. Wanting an ignition switch override on this pump, Where would the best power source be? I don't want to come off the back of the ignition switch--its too cramped, what about the feed to the

resistors that feed the coil? Thanks for sharing. Glenn Lorei (b6vt)

Guest moodier

HI;Where did you get the pump for the Lincoln?Only ones I can find are about $150 guess I am cheap need to replace the old pump it died was what I call a Walboro,about 2"round and 6"high were every where 20 years ago now no one has them in 6 volts,only want it for booster when sitting or vapor locked in the 100+heat out here!Emailed Walboro but no reply,SUmmit has the expensive ones but liked what I had see them yet in catalogs but are all 12 volt they are about $50 which I better! !No internet connection here yet so hard to search on borrowed computers hope by end of month have mine again!Thanks

Abe, Thanks for the reply, I just wanted a confirmation on my intention. I didn't want to starve that circuit so I was unsure. There was an inquiry as to where I got the 6v Pump.--I got it from Boos-Herrel and the price was quite reasonable.

Thanks again, Glenn Lorei b6vt

Guest moodier

Thanks for the replies jiust got my internet back.I did find one from a place on the east coast,anytique fordoutfit.It was $57.95 I think Haven't received it yet but souhnds like will work.Liked your idea for wireing it as mine is hot all time on switch and have on occasion forgot to turn it off lucky no disasters.WIll loook into moving the connection as you stated!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest moodier

Hi;Guess depends on use of car!Mine sits for many months at a time,and when used often is in 100+degree heat when parked will vapor lock.For those reasons many of us do install the pump as backup!