Vacuum central

Guest G Froelich

Guest G Froelich

On the adapter that connects the intake manifold and throttle body sits a vacuum port with four lines coming in. On the front side of mine the lines have lost their original connections and have been crudely fitted into the ports with various hose adapters. It looks to me like the ports may have had some kind of built-in connections that are supposed to stick out and seal nicely with a vacuum hose. So, if these original connections are shot and long gone, is there a standard way to make good tight connections? I've searched through the service manual but couldn't find any instructions. Thanks.

Guest Bobby Valines

Daniel when your retired you'll have the time to do that to. That motor is gorges I seen other pictures of it, if I didn't know better I would think it was factory. I'm sure it took a ton of hours nice work.

Guest G Froelich

Thanks for the suggestion about trying to salvage a part, but I'm wondering if anyone's solved a similar problem w/o having to do that. Here are a couple of pics that might help explain the situation.

This image shows how I've tried to make do without the flanges for connecting the hoses. The left hose has a vacuum connector that loosely sits within the port and rubber tubing. The other hose has a vacuum connector rammed into the port.

vacuum%20lines%201.jpg

In this next image you can see a little more clearly (I hope) how there's nothing for the hoses to hang on to (somehow the heavy plastic flanges were broken off before I bought the car).

vacuum%20lines%202.jpg

Guest Bobby Valines

I know thats yours I don't think Daniels done with his yet. You had pictures of it a few month ago right. And if its the one I'm thinking it is it was a fantastic job you did on it.