FS 1942 Olds 76 series 2dr Dynamic Custom Cruiser

Guest Julian

Guest imported_Julian

<span style="font-weight: bold">1942 Olds 76 series Club sedan 2 dr. This car has the original 238 straight 6 and holds 50 lbs oil pressure at idle. Runs excellent. Has working radio. Is a 6volt car. Has the original 4 speed hydramatic transmission. The car is straight some rust but not horrible. The car has the original 15 wheels with a set of NEW WW BF Goodrich Sivertown tires. I have a ton of NOS and excellent used parts for this car. I have the following NOS parts for the car: STEERING WHEEL, REAR FENDERS, BODY CHROME, HOOD ORNAMENT, HOOD NOSE EMBLEM, UPPER GRILL, SHOCKS, HOOD REALEASE CABLE, good pair of spare front fenders, etc etc et.. $7000 for the car & PARTS or $5000 for the car and a "some negotiable" parts. my phone number is 704-788-4458. the car is in Concord, NC. ALSO, I have a TON of original literature and books for this car. Oldsmobile stopped production of cars on Feb. 5, 1942 and only 16,000 units of the club sedan were made. There are less than 100 known to exist. The 42 is a one year only car and is very unusual looking if you have not seen one. I have two of these and one is in the shop. This is an very nice example of the early 40s Oldsmobiles.. Will make an excellent restoration OR street rod.. You DONT see 42s of anything out there so this would make you a great addition to your Olds collection. pics are available...<span style="color: #FF0000">.I have already chased down all the nearly impossible parts maybe just a few common parts needed to finish restoration. </span></span>

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Julian

Guys.. I have been driving this car all summer and it runs excellent. The transmission shifts well for 67 years old and I have changed a few things to make it better. If you are looking for a nice pre-war car this is a good one to do what you would like to do. I have had it at a number of local shows and it receives alot of attention because of it's unusual front end appearance.

Edited by Julian (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
Guys.. I have been driving this car all summer and it runs excellent. The transmission shifts well for 67 years old and I have changed a few things to make it better. If you are looking for a nice pre-war car this is a good one to do what you would like to do. I have had it at a number of local shows and it receives alot of attention because of it's unusual front end appearance.

Well, I have stored it for the winter..changed out the BFG Silvertown tires for some "winter" tires I let her sit on...This winter (weather permitting) I plan to detail the engine bay. This past summer I did a number of upgrades to it and it looks very good for it's age.. anyone interested in purchasing this fine Olds for a winter project??..

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Julian
Post some pictures already !

Guys.. I have NEW pics of the 42.. If you want to see them email me and I will send the file to you..

Guest Julian

There is a single photo in the photo gallary in the Oldsmobile section of the 42 that I took yesterday 4/18..if anyone would like more pics please email me as I have more in a file. thanks..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Julian

I have uploaded pictures in the photo gallery for anyone that wants to see the ole gal... I am in the process of detailing the engine compartment...should be done in a couple of weeks..

Edited by Julian (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Julian

no none of that. it went to West Palm Beach Fla. a man contacted me about it and we conversed a few times before he purchased it. He recently bought a 35 Ply. coupe too. Said he loves the 42. Has to get used to that tranny though...:)