Transmission coolant lines

Guest wayne2reattas

Guest wayne2reattas

Can anyone tell me where I can get both transmission coolant lines? I was wondering if there was someplace other than GM so they would be more reasonable cost. Thanks

Guest wayne2reattas

Thanks Kenny. Have you done this? We just replaced the brake lines. That wasn't too bad a job bending and flaring those. What about the rubber hose sections that appear to be incorporated into these lines? I haven't taken the old ones off yet.

Guest wayne2reattas

Kenny-- Could you also explain what you mean by ""OR get barbed hose adaptors and run in rubber ‘transmission cooling’ hose."" Not really understanding!! Thanks

Guest wayne2reattas

Thanks Ronnie - so the rubber I see is just a section of rubber hose slid onto the metal line? Is that correct? I just don't want to start this until I am sure I fully understand what I am doing. Thanks.

Guest wayne2reattas

Thanks Ronnie. You did clarify that for me. Just e-mailed Jim to see if he had a pair. After replacing all the brake lines ( bending and flaring for hours ) I was looking for an easy way out ! Thanks!

Another option, check your area for a hydraulics hose shop. They make up all kinds of hydraulic lines & hoses for construction equipment. I had both my transmission lines made using the old ones as a model. The cost was $86.00 for both. They were a perfect match for ease of installation, and they can handle up to 3,000 psi.(That's what I call a permanent fix)

I brought the old lines in, and they made them up while I waited. Took just about an hour. Found them in the local telephone directory--- Randall Pressure Systems.

Guest reattasnohio

Wayne,

I found the Caddilac dealer locally had the exact lines for my 91 but they were designed for a trans cooler. I installed a cooler into the system and then they worked. I also thought about just connecting the hoses and bypassing the cooler. Not sure which front wheel drive they were off of. Some of the other ideas might be easier.

Chris in Ohio