Peerless For Sale on e-Bay

jeff_a

Jeff I seen a 1929 6-61 roadster for sale that would look great next to mine. The only problem is it's in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Have a look at Prewarcars.com. I lost a hubcap a couple weeks ago and if anyone can help. It's a 1929 wire wheel with 7 bolts.

Johnk,

Very nice to hear from you about that Peerless Roadster for sale on PreWarCar.com. Do you think it's a Mod. 6-61? I guess if you own a Peerless -- you would know. A lot of the pictures of 1929 6-61's I've seen show horizontal hood louvers, and the one in Argentina has vertical louvers, which is why I ask.

Welcome to the Peerless Forum, John! Are you one of our Peerless Motor Car Club Members who lives on Lake Ontario?

Regards, ----Jeff

Guest Series19

No, it is not a 6-61. That one does have the horizontal louvers as you said. Also, I think that the sidemount holders are different. May be a 125???

Dear Johnk and Series19,

Looking at my files, I find that the car in Argentina has hood side panels that match those of a 1928 Mod. 6-91 Sedan and are similar to those of a 1930 Peerless Six DeLuxe Rumbleseat Coupe. The plated windshield frame matches that of a 1929 Mod.6-61 Sports Roadster. The sidemount tire clamp looks like the ones used on 1930-32 Standard/Master/Custom straight-eight Peerless cars.

It's an unusual and stylish Peerless. Probably unique. My educated guess is that it's an early 1929 Mod. 6-91 Roadster. What would clinch the ID would be if one found that the wheelbase was 120" and that the motor was a 288.6 cu. in. Collins-designed, Peerless-built six with an aluminum crankcase.

--Jeff

Though it doesn't support my theory that the Buenos Aires Peerless for sale is a 1929, I DID find an original 1929 Peerless 6-91 catalog for sale on the Ken Magee Auto Literature site. The site mentions that there are color illustrations that "...show the various models, including the: Cabriolet, Victoria, 5-Pass. Sedan, 7-Pass. Sedan, and Metropolitan Type Sedan."

Maybe this Peerless was a 1928 or a special order.