1922-24 Model 54-55 wood wheel F/S

Layden B

• 4 months later...
Guest Dick Farnsworth

Layden,

I spotted your ad for the Jaxon #23 rear wheel for Buick. I have a 1923 Model 55 and I am looking for a rear wheel for it. Do you still have the wheel and if so what is the condition?

Thank you,

Dick Farnsworth

Guest Dick Farnsworth

Layden,

I have a rough rear wheel for my car. I am hoping to find a good condition usable wheel to replace it. My car is missing the trunk and the gas tank is shot. I could use any of the trunk hardware to help with the building of a new one. My car has the white face speedometer with a clock. The internals are good but the face is in very bad condition. I also need a correct tail light. I think that it is supposed to have 2 Nickel plated trim rings. Buick tail lights seem to be rather plentiful but I have not seen any with the 2 rings. I think that my headlights are supposed to have trim rings at the front and rear. My headlights only have trim rings at the front but do not have any at the rear so I need the rear trim rings.

Dick

Dick,

You need a copy of Antique Automobile , the April/May

1971. It has an article by Dave Chambers that has a lot

info you need, including the dimentions and how to find the orig blueprints for the trunk. the gas tank is special

for the 55 only and is 22 gals. you will have to make a new one, the speedo is Van Sicklen with clock, Cad used a similar one, but the mounting and glass are different, Buick uses 3 tabs and Cad uses 2. The tail light and cowl lights have 2 rings, I'll check about the headlights.

John B

22-6-55 Sport Touring

Guest Dick Farnsworth

John,

Thanks for the information. I do have a copy of the Mar/Apr 1971 Antique Automobile magazine and I also have an original illustrated parts book which is very helpful. In the Dave Chambers article is says that the prints for the trunk are on microfilm at the Buick Motor Division Engineering Archives. I haven't figured out how to contact that archive to see if I can get a copy of the prints. Do you know how to do that?

Thanks,

Dick Farnsworth