What do you think of this Reatta?

Guest F14CRAZY

Guest F14CRAZY

Brian and I have tried to think of the best possible Reatta...base is an '89 coupe w/ sunroof

-engine: supercharged, intercooled, cammed, ported/polished 3800 Series II/III, 400 hp at the wheels

-trans: 6 speed manual, close ratio, short throw

-suspension: Some firmer struts up front with no float, adjustable height rears. Firmest sway bar possible. Energy Suspension end links. Ride height lowered 1.5''

-wheels/tires: ZR rated BF Goodrich's on some nice 17'' wheels with hubcaps_ and Reatta logos

-brakes: 13''+ Brembo calipers and rotors, stainless steel hoses. '91+ vacuum assisted master cylinder

-interior: C5 Corvette seats in tan w/ the flags removed and the Reatta "R" stitched in its place. Power adjustment retained (better bolstering is needed). Heated. R12 air conditioning. Touch screen nav system in place of the tape deck. GM truck radio unit for better fidelity. Pioneer 3 or 4 way speakers. Direct line level input for iPod and Sirius. Rubber floor mats. Digital pillar gauges for air/fuel ratio, boost/vacuum, supercharger temp

-exterior: Hella euro-spec H4 conversion lenses with true HID bulbs. HID foglamps. LED bulbs everywhere else. Sequential rear turn signals. Mustang spoiler. Generous window tint.

-other: heavy duty trailer hitch w/ additional subframe welded to the trunk for structural support.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Re: What do you think of this Reatta?:</span>

I just got finished writing a long post on this topic and then I deleted it.

My father once told me that if you can't say something good then don't say anything at all. I decided to take his advice.

Sounds great but, <span style="font-size: 14pt">but</span>, <span style="font-size: 17pt">but</span>, <span style="font-size: 20pt">but</span>, <span style="font-size: 26pt">but</span>, <span style="font-size: 8pt">can you drop the weight by 1,200 pounds?</span>

Guest F14CRAZY

Consider though the new Mustang, Challenger, and Camaro are pushing 4k lbs though. It's my idea of a FWD Buick luxury-performance coupe, with more emphasis on performance but still very practical and comfy. Borderlined on "supercar" status

YES and a Lotus Elise with a dimunitive 1.8L (<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="color: #CCCCCC">same engine as I have</span></span>) will smoke them in a straight line, through the corners and they will crash and burn in the canyons. Even a crummy 2L Miata will blow the doors off them in the canyons and with much better mpgs. And if you want to take a MPG bet, I am there (check my mpgs below).

Guest CL_Reatta

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EDBSO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Even a crummy 2L Miata </div></div>

Carefull with the word "crummy"... take a look at my signature... (I may only have the 1.6, but its still the little brother)

Used as a word of affection;

Want to research an almost super car, here is one that I would love and inflation adjusted more than the price of the Reatta.

P1040459.jpg