Brake Hose

Richard S

As many know, I converted my front calipers to 2001 era Camaro SS twin piston finned cast aluminum calipers and Aurora drilled slotted rotors. Used the stock brake hose but could not use the stock brake hose bracket that attaches to the strut because the hose is too short for that. I made a new bracket, but found that at full turn I was not happy with the stress on the hose. I, and Daniel, decided longer hoses would be preferable. I had 23" braided stainless steel hoses made up by Nick at Brake Hoses Unlimited. At $26 apiece [including shipping] I thought they were a bargain considering Nick provided the Reatta compatible brake line-to-hose and Camaro hose-to-caliper fittings, washers and clips. Great guy to deal with, and they come in the colors of your choice.

Sure Jon. The usual disclaimer. I have no business connection with them except as a customer and get no referral fees or discounts etc. Nick can be reached by phone at 616-836-7885 and his email address is goodbrakes@brakehoses.biz. The website is

http://www.partswhiz.net:80/EBAY/Brake%20Hose%20Information/Braided%20Stainless%20Choices.htm

Jon, I'd do a quick mock up using some fuel line or other stiff hose. Nick points out that braided stainless won't make quite the same bend as rubber, so he suggests adding an inch or 2 to your final measurement. I think Daniel and I came up with about 22" for our conversion, but unless he is trapped under his white, I'm pretty sure he'll pipe in with some useful info.