1932 Dodge DL6 trunk

Guest outlaw car man

Guest outlaw car man

Would any of you guys & gals know if the 1932 DL6 had an accessory trunk available. Maybe something like the Potter trunk with extension for the rear mounted spare.

Anyone see one mounted ?

Thanks,

S Jones

The car I saw was in San Diego a few years ago and it didn't have welled fenders either. The rack had extension brackets of some sort on it that held it out past the rear mounted spare tire. The rack looked typically Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth or DeSoto of the early thirties with the folding abilities....just longer mounting brackets. The owner said it was original to the car and that he was the second owner of the car.

Guest outlaw car man

Interesting, thanks-

With the rack down and a trunk mounted, probably wouldn't fit in the garage !!! Be fun to find the rack, I'd mount it in a heartbeat.

thanks for the reply.

SJ

Sandy, I looked in the MasterParts List - Accessories section (D1) and the factory offered 2 different styles of trunks for the DL, also listed the same trunks for the DH,DI,DG,DK,DP,DO 2 and 4 door sedans. One was top opening only and the other was side and top opening. Both trunks were made to work with the folding trunk rack and these varied by year and model (the DL's was different than Dk's and the sedans differnet than other models etc. for example). The part numbers are listed in the book, but I don't know where those would appear on the trunks - no pictures are shown.

Larry

Guest outlaw car man

Hi Larry- Thanks.

The rack would be the tough guy to find for our DL6. Standard trunk would not be so critical probably other then a Potter Manufacturing one with the molded to car rear.

So, anybody got a rack for sale for my 32 DL6 ?

Sandy