Reatta wind tunnel picture

Barney Eaton

Thought I'd chime in.

I think it is in a dyno room. Just mislabeled, or something. The chain is probably attached to some hooks or something, and they are probably for towing th car around. Ever think of that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ronnie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 63viking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they always put wind tags on cars on dyno's?? </div></div>Only when they are doing a dyno pull in reverse as the direction of the chains indicate. laugh.gif </div></div>

Just use a good eye and look at the photo.

It is a <span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="color: #000099">DYNO</span></span>! no iffs ands or buts about it.

The Reatta is not chained down in the photo for a pull!!

Note the front passenger's <span style="font-size: 20pt">wheel is not even on the roller</span>.

The driver's wheel is on the driver's side roller.

The chains are not attached to the rubber Reatta tires at the ground level.

63 viking, this is a dyno and you can't put lipstick on it and make it a windtunnel!

Just look at the photo...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike_s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USS Enterprise: aircraft carrier or starship?

</div></div>That explains why I thought I could faintly make out the words NCC-1701 in the background of the original photo. The words disappeared when I cleaned up the photo. grin.gif

Disappeared?? Maybe the car is in a transporter room.

Guest CL_Reatta

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: F14CRAZY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are all wrong, the Reatta is on the USS Enterprise, ready to be catapulted off the deck for a late night mission </div></div>

HAHAHAHAHAHA.... this does kinda look like the room that spocks "casket" was in as it was shot off....

If you look at the original Reatta photo near the drivers headlight there's a image or reflection of what looks like the disk shaped forward section of a Constitution class starship smile.gif

Guest Squire Tom

the room is either a paint drying oven at Earl Scheib's . look at the reflected light, or maybe the star ship is passing into light speed and they don't want thr Reatta to fall into a black hole , ergo the chains and rollers