1924? Dodge 4cyl Softtop ute Identification

Guest Aussie Dodger

Guest Aussie Dodger

Good Evening,

I have searched vehicle for identification / serial numbers to no avail.

I was told that vehicle is 1924? Dodge 4cyl Softtop ute - that started life as a tourer.

It has full steel wheels.

Engine numbers on top of motor state" A 16147"

Checked right hand side chassis rail around front drivers side wheel - In Australian terms - no numbers or visible markings.

Do I need to remove right hand front guard to locate numbers on top of chassis rail?

Hope you can help.

Regards

Trevor

If you do have a 1924 DB or older, the serial number will be on the side of the frame rail. You will find the number by the right rear spring chackle bolt for the front axle spring. If your body is older than 1924, you will find the serial number on the right top of the frame cross member in front of seat box.

Hi Trevor, where are you located? there are very active Chrysler Restorers Clubs in NSW / VIC and SA who would be able to give you assistance. Many of these cars exist within these clubs so just get onto the Chrysler Restorers website and contact your nearest branch.

Chris H

Guest Aussie Dodger

Good Afternoon Folks,

Thank you for your advice .. I have located chassis number - stampted above right hand rear shackle of front spring.

A740-866 - I checked the Romar site & it states August 1927

Chris, I'm located in Brisbane - Queensland and will check on your ideas with Restorers Club.

Regards

Trevor