rear floor panel removal

red head1228

Ok, I'm doing this from memory, so take these instructions as a general guide..... Always feel for excessive resistance when pulling on the trim pieces as a double-check that you don't have screws holding the item that you missed.

First remove the center trim panel that is over the third brake light:

Open rear pass-thru door, remove (2) screws holding in the center luggage strap holder, check for screws along bottom edge of trim panel at pass-thru opening. Center trim panel pulls up and towards you (rear is held in by friction clips).

Rear sail-panel trim has to come out as well. Remove screw thru upper seat belt trim opening, and then I think then you can pull them right off as well.

Upper side trim is held in by screws revealed when you removed the other trim pieces.

Lower side trim held in be screws revealed by removal of upper trim.

Finally once all the above has been removed, remove any screws around floor trim. There are definitely two screws at the front edge behind the seats (has a plastic grommet/ring around the opening.

Again, I'm doing this from memory so go slow and make sure you aren't pulling on a screwed-in item.

I had some squeaks and rattles in the rear area of my car prior to the disassembly process. When re-assembling I placed black foam weather stripping in strategic places to "tighten-up" the fits and eliminated all the movement back there. It was particularly useful adhered across the top of the opening of the pass-thru door, though disassembly isn't required to effect that fix.

Good luck! smile.gif

These instructions were most helpful when I removed

the compartments in September 2007 courtesy of Barney

Eaton)

Open the access door

Remove the two screws of the luggage tie down bkt.

slide third light cover forward.

Remove screw holding center end of side panels

Remove screw holding coat hook.

Remove screw in upper shoulder belt area

Upper panel should now pull off.

Find three screws on end of lower panel in access door opening and remove.

Two fastners above speaker should be visible, remove

Lower panel should now pull off.

Regards,

matthewlawe

1989 White/Blue