Instant e mail notification

waltmail

From the forum FAQ:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Subscribing to a Topic</span>

Enter the Topic and Select "Add Topic to your Watched Topics" option from the "Topic Options" dropdown.

Managing Watch Lists

Select "My Watch Lists" from the "My Stuff" dropdown, from here you can select the type of List that you wish to edit and by clicking the "Edit Watched Topics" (or "Edit Watched Forums" or "Edit Watched Users") link you can remove them or toggle the "Email Notification" option.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Toggling EMailed Watch Lists</span>

See the above "Managing Watch Lists" directions.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Toggling the Default "EMail Watchedlist" Options</span>

Select "My Preferences" from the "My Stuff" dropdown. From here you can manage the "By default should anything added to your Watch Lists be emailed to you?" option.

End FAQ

Once the topic is added to your watch list a magnifying glass icon show up next to the topic in the list of forum topics.

Click the magnifying glass icon and in the dropdown menu you see the option to have an email notification sent when a new post is added to the topic.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

This option worked for me for a while then quit. The moderator says he's not gotten any emails back rejecting it and they are not in my spam folder or on my email's blacklist. I have tried around with using different email addresses and it's always the same, might work once in a while or not. Any ideas? Thanks