Starting problem '16DB

vergil

Have just installed a new inline fuel pump,fuel filter and dial pressure regulator set at 1 1/4 psi. Initially, the car started but died out and won't restart.

Reset the dial at 3 and she fired right up. I don't want excess pressure on the carb. Does anyone know if this setting is too high? Set it back to 1 1/4 and stops. Reset again at 2 and it stops.

Hi Bob,

I use this setup for two reasons: 1) the car came equipped with such a setup and 2) I have as yet been able to locate a reliable vacuum pump. Any info on finding one would be greatly appreciated. I check ebay every day.

Bill

Bill

I located a few and put the best parts together to make one. The inside tank had many pin holes which I sealed with POR 15 and its been fine for the last year . The tank has GREAT draw from the tank and NO problems as yet with that set up. I may be able to help you out with tank parts but I don't know if I have a complete one.

bob

Bob

Thanks so much. I'll have to take the tank out (what there is of it) and check to see what is needed. Externally it's missing the fuel tank and manifold tube fittings as well as the tube to the carburetor. I may not be able to get at that right away, but will try soon. I've just put four weeks into installing a new top.

Bill (vergil@ix.netcom.com)