hood release

I had some difficulty opening the hood to check the oil. When I went to close it, it wont lock. I tried to see if a connection came off in the engine compartment, but I couldnt find any. The button under the grille works fine, but the release lever under the dash seems to be the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Roger

Your cable might be binding not allowing the mechanism to release or return to home. I really don't know what to suggest as far as lubricating the whole cable, but perhaps some graphite on the ends where the cable comes in and out of the casing (at the handle and at the latch) might work its way in and help things.

Not much help and you probably knew that much already...

Hey Roger,

The button under the grill part of the hood is only the secondary (safety) latch. The primary latch is the other part slightly in further.and above it. That piece probably needs lube badly. Squirt some WD-40 or some other lube on it and work it by hand. Look at the hood part and you will see where the piece comes down and strikes the latch and causes it to lock squirt it real good and work it my hand a few times to loosen it up.

Good Luck, Lou

Listen up now Roger, I will not speak for C_C but "I've been heah fo neighontu 15 year an I kin esplain... Y'All is fo 1 person All'Yall is fo mo thn 1" smile.gifgrin.gif Now that's commin fron a displaced (by desire) New Yawka !!!