91 reatta

Any 1991, low mileage, original owner reattas out ther for sale - at a reasonable price? Coupes or convertibles. Once again white or silver exterior preferred.

Jerry: You got that right!! That's another dealer car. But you noticed I had 1991 coupes listed. While many of you are skeptics, I believe one day the 1991 coupes will surpass the 1990 convertibles in prices. Last year of production, better brakes, wheels only 1,200+ 1991 coupes versus 2,100+ 1990 convertibles. Just like in many cars of yester year, coupes were largely disgarded (scraped) while convertibles were not. Think I can get a low mileage, one owner 1991 coupe for under $10,000? Still can't believe the 1990 red convertible on e-bay with 20,000+ miles went out for reserve of $20,000. But if you notice only "one" person went over $15,500. Just as I said before there is an ass for every seat!!! No offense.<P>One other question, does anyone know the beginning and ending serial numbers for the 1991 production year? rolleyes.gif" border="0

To add to (and correct) Shiloh's contention that there's an ass for every saddle, I would simply point to the automotive truism that has held up for the past 100 years: IF THE TOP GOES DOWN, THE PRICE GOES UP. All things being equal (mileage, condition, etc.), a convertible always, always, always will bring more money than a hardtop. From Kelly to Kruse to Peterson, the story never varies. <P>Jerry

Heck even works in shows - a 95 point red convertible will often win BOS over a 100 point tan 4-door. Will certainly take "people's choice". Why I confined my comments to coupes.<P>Am feeling withdrawal symptoms severly since selling my '67 GP drop-top but suspect can "convert" my Fiero for much less than a Reatta convert would cost.

Padgett: Since you owned a 67 GP convertible, the only year a convertible was available in a GP, you should know that a 1962 hardtop GP coupe would bring much more money than a 67 in the same condition. I've seen 67 Gp convertible top out at the low $20's and 62 GP hardtop top out at over $35K. Be realistic don't bring 4-door sedans into the forum!!! shocked.gif" border="0

Padgett: Since you owned a 67 GP convertible, the only year a convertible was available in a GP, you should know that a 1962 hardtop GP coupe would bring much more money than a 67 in the same condition. I've seen 67 Gp convertible top out at the low $20's and 62 GP hardtop top out at over $35K. Be realistic don't bring 4-door sedans into the forum!!! shocked.gif" border="0

Guest r_wright

Shiloh,<P>Here is the link for the Reatta database, it contains the ranges for serial numbers by year. <BR> <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net/database.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.reatta.net/database.html</A> <P>Also, FWIW, I bought my 40,000 mile 91 coupe 8 months ago for $7000. I am the second owner and it was in great shape when I bought it.<p>[ 08-06-2002: Message edited by: Randy Wright ]

Agree that the 1991 coupe is probably the most advanced Reatta built but suspect that the 88 coupe will ultimately be worth more. Am biased but have my reasons:<P>Mostly is that every year after '88 was decontented in some way - only the 88-89 has the CRT. Agree the 90-91 dash is easier to look at and more informative but that is not what collectors look for.<P>88 has more buttons than any other year. 90 went to "conventional" stalks and controls while 88 is only one with a "clean" glove box. True, if power fails there is no way to open it but a collector won't care.<P>Also true, the original suede did not wear as well as the later all-leather seats, but to a collector that is an attractor, not a repellant. Same-same for the TEVES.<P>So expect in 10 years that top dollar will be for an original suede 88 coupe with "16-way" and sunroof, with a similar '91 second to that.<P>ps I have an 88 but it does not have the suede.

• 1 month later...

I would sell my 91 Red on Red Coupe. 64,000 miles It is in excellent condition. Everything works and has every option but the sun roof. It has always been garaged. It has new Michlins. I bought it from the Estate of a good friend and know that he babyed it as much as I have. If interested drop me an email and I'll send you some pictures. We are talking a RED car here, inside and out and with red moulding. I believe that Barney once said that he thought that this was the first car that was produced red on red.

Lew

Shiloh here! Where is the car located? asking price? E-mail address? No way to contact you. If I am not interesed others may want to contact you so you might want to give as much information as possible. cool.gifshilohone.jpg

Shilo, will consider selling 91 silver coupe, Grey Int. no sun roof or 16 way seat. 58.6k miles (2k added this month in trip to Dayton) always garaged, Picked up car in April92 still new from Buick in Atlanta GA.45k miles went on in first three years (leased) decided to keep it and basically parked it. New struts, tires at 52K (Eagle GAs) Air conditioner compressor replaced at 54K still R-12 (have half a case of cans still left from .90 cents per can days)all new brakes (original GM parts at 56k) Headlight door motors and cranks replaced.Have extra outer rear lens cover,intrument panel dash shell, antenna. Can provide pictures if requested. E-Mail at turkosms@bellsouth .net if interested .

• 2 weeks later...