Back in the pack

Guest re-reatta

Guest re-reatta

Hello to all. Just bought a '90 coupe, Red with saddle, recently with 49,500 miles. I had an '89 coupe, Blue with blue, but sold it a few years ago and opted to keep a '65 Triumph Spitfire. OK, you can stop laughing now. Now the Spitfire has to go to make room in the toybox,(garage), for the Reatta. I'm thoroughly enjoying the info and stories on the forum. I am having a problem with the door ajar light. Does the small rubber block near the door latch have anything to do with the light? The one on the passenger door is missing.

Any info will be greatly appreciately. Thanks and have a real Reatta day.

Kevin B.

Welcome back to the forum!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daves89</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The "door is ajar" warning is an indication that the brown plastic clip down by the lock with 2 leads one black one gray ending in a yellow connection needs to be replaced. Both these parts are readily available from Jim Finn our resident used parts guy. To replace both parts you will have to remove the interior door panel. The actuator is a simple repair, the door is a jar lead is a little more involved.</div></div>

Instructions for removing the door panel are on my website. Click here.

Re:

Don't knock to old Spit. My first "extra car" was a 78 Spit with OD, bought with 100 K on the Od. I sold it to my best customer while I went on to a ridiculous TR-4, and a super TR-6 lost to new replacement fuel pump and a spectacular fire.

The point is that my my best customer asked me to help her sell the Spit, and last year I sold a 78 Spit OD with 147,000 honestly given to the buyer for $3,800.00. Much as I love my Reatta, we don't do that well yet. After not having driven the Spit for 10 years, it sure was small though.

Guest re-reatta

Well, I've had the Spitfire for 20 years and haven't driven it for the last 8. Time to move on to more creature comforts. Gettin' too old to be squeezing in and out of the Spit. Having a great time so far getting reacquainted with the Reatta.

Have a great day.

Kevin