'72 Custom Cruiser F/S in AZ--- $500.00 Original owner

Guest Joe_Varley

Guest Joe_Varley

Just found a 1 owner '72 Custom Cruiser for sale by the daughter of the recently deceased original owner. Gold with tan guts, 3 seats, woodgrain, 101K, 95% original paint. Options include a/c, radio. Runs and drives, needs restored. Very little rust on bottom of f fenders, 1 1/4, and the lf door. Looks 100% complete, super straight, rear clamshell tailgate still works. $500.00. I think new tires and a tune-up/service and you could drive it home.

Contact me at rocket88man@cox.net soon if interested.

thank you very much for the lead Joe, it turns out the owners were nearly neighbors of my parents when they were younger ...

very nice couple, now I have a LOT of 1972 vintage GM products around the house, ok only two, the other one is a 71 ...

Here are some pics

custcruiserb.jpg

custcruiser.jpg

custcruiserlr.jpg

can't wait to wash it and start cleaning her up

the a/c switch does nothing but the a/c system appears to be complete and functional, I think it is the switch or the relay ??

do they make SS wheels for the large bolt pattern?

anyone have a dual exhaust system for this beast?

A/C probably needs charging. Possibly compressor clutch. There are some relays in the circuit plus the compressor switch on the A/C control head. Is it doing anything at all, or just compressor doesn't engage?

I think any competent exhaust shop could make dual exhaust for this wagon. It'll have a double-hump crossmember and there's enough room underneath to make a nice installation.

Sporty wheels will have to be factory Super Stock IV (polycast wheel) or something aftermarket. Just remember you have about 5500 lbs of Oldsmobile there.

Best of all- glad this clamshell has found a new home with someone who appreciates it. Most of these cars met untimely ends in demo derbies. I know these and Chrysler T&C's finally got outlawed in derbies here. Too late the hero by then.

Some say big and ugly; I say it is a rather elegant car and reasonably graceful despite its size. I drove a 76 for years until its 455 developed a terminal knock. Wouldn't mind finding another.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rocketraider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A/C probably needs charging. Possibly compressor clutch. There are some relays in the circuit plus the compressor switch on the A/C control head. Is it doing anything at all, or just compressor doesn't engage? </div></div>

the heater blower does not blow in any position nor does the compressor turn on when you slide the control to/from the A/C positions ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rocketraider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sporty wheels will have to be factory Super Stock IV (polycast wheel) or something aftermarket. Just remember you have about 5500 lbs of Oldsmobile there.

Best of all- glad this clamshell has found a new home with someone who appreciates it. Most of these cars met untimely ends in demo derbies. I know these and Chrysler T&C's finally got outlawed in derbies here. Too late the hero by then.

Some say big and ugly; I say it is a rather elegant car and reasonably graceful despite its size. I drove a 76 for years until its 455 developed a terminal knock. Wouldn't mind finding another. </div></div>

It is big, there is no doubt of that

ugly ... well ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ok, the wife is not as enthused with the wagon as I am and she feels it would be "better" if it was somewhere else ...

anyone interested in her?

she runs GREAT and everything works

needs driver side front seat repair, the rest of the interior is VERY nice, no cracks in the dash, no loose threads in the headliner, etc

tons of pictures here:

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a26/JimRohn/72olds/

• 4 weeks later...