Looking for 49 Roadmaster parts

Guest Nick_Toth

Guest Nick_Toth

I am looking for the red plastic inserts for the monogram on the trunk lid for a 1949 Roadmaster that say "Dyna" and "Flow" If I can't find those I will take the stick shift model inserts that say "Buick" and "Eight." I am also looking for a complete lock assembly and retainer for the same car.

Thanks

Guest galenmd

These emblems are not being reproduced. The only way to get them is by waiting and looking around. Recently, NOS "Buick-Eight" emblems sold on ebay for well over $200 for EACH side! That's right, it came to about $500 for the pair.

I think if someone could manufacture these pieces as reproductions, they could sell a bunch. Any takers?

Nick,

I'm restoring a 49 Roadmaster too, so I probably need these. Anybody else? If so, if we can get a few folks that need these, then I will find someone to make them.

Email me direct at abc.moran@netzero.net or at work bryan.moran@wellsfargo.com

All that are interested - and if we can get the price down, and I can make a few extra to sell, I'll do it.

Wow! $450 a set. Now you know why the restoration hobby is so expensive, and is becoming a smaller community.

I also need th sill plates, and I see a regular ebayer that is involved in the Buick parts community offering them for $400 a pair, so right there you have basically two trim peices, very necessary as they are - resulting in a $900.00 expenditure after shipping.

That is why 4 door models are kind of hard to choose as a restoration project. It costs the same to restore a four door sedan as it does a convertible.

Guest Nick_Toth

Beautiful! I didn't think anyone made those. I don't know if I want to spend that much, but you never know.

Guest Nick_Toth

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tonys Buick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One company does make the "Dyna Flow" emblems for the '49 Roadmasters and any Supers equipped with the Dynaflow transmission. They are $225.00 each, but look great. Here is the link. http://www.emblemagic.com/buick_emblems.htm

</div></div>

I talked to these guys and they won't be making them for another year. Also tried to haggle with them on the price but they said the price is the price.

Nick,

Sorry for your experience but consider this a "Soup Nazi" warning. I have found when someone has something you want (desperately) they set the price and you comply or "no emblem for you".

OK, I need to go get my fresh organic strawberries from the "Strawberry Nazi" and I won't say a word....