shifting light in console out

Guest My TC Toy

Hate to say this Mike, but it is just about impossible to replace the lamp without taking out the passenger seat, letting go the carpet pieces along the floor, removing the "H" shaped console piece at the bottom of the dash and letting go the console. All in all a [censored] of a job to replace a lamp. One good thing though, you probably won't have to cahange it again for another 18 years (if you're lucky). Be careful and be certain to let go the small cable that connects the selecter lever to the indicator, if it's an automatic. You can break this easily.

Oh yes, one other thing, the lamp socket is probably seized in the holder as well.

Good luck and TAKE YOUR TIME!

Guest mtworkshop

When I pulled the console on my parts car I found five old butane lighters. Butane lighters are banned in Navy engine rooms because if they fall on a hot pipe they will explode violently. I also found a spare trunk key in my first TC and a lot of loose change under the console. Good luck.

Mike

Guest My TC Toy

Yeah, you're right about the loose change. I found about $1.50, which turns out to be about $1.53 Canadian (wow, not I'm making money!). I considered it to be payment for the job! It's all in how you look at things. (%#&@?%)

I have a pic of the light here. And yes I mention having to drill out the rivet to get to the socket just to remove that bulb because it was corroded in place.

http://www.chryslertcbymaseraticlub.com/memberProjects/jeffBackes/index.html

click on center console removal and the last note is IT! Have fun! Once in a lifetime experience. And you can remove it with the seats in. The side carpet is supposed to be screwed on but the screws on both sides of mine missed the plastic.